Google

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Don't Be Scared: The Spirit of Fear

Good morning,

It's 4AM, and I cannot sleep. I am excited about something, but I don't know what it is??!! I thought I would share this testimony I shared with my linesisters two years ago in an email. It was when I was applying to business school, and I had just been accepted. It was a dark time in my life, but looking back, it was a time of great faith and supernatural favor. I hope this blesses you to believe that God can do "exceeding, abundantly above all you can ask or think!" Just ask Him. One of my linesisters told me to save my testimonies, and that was the best piece of advice I had ever received. Thank you my sister for your words of encouragement. Sometimes you might think that no one hears you, but your voice is your greatest gift. Keep on talking.

I encourage you to share a personal testimony today with someone who needs it. If you don't have one, forward this to them. Don't let this day go by without sharing the goodness of God.

Still trusting,

Kidd Grown


Original E-testimony - Saturday, July 23, 2003, 5:00 PM

Hello,
 
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be attending SMU/Cox School of Business beginning in the fall 2003. I will be focusing on marketing and entrepreneurship and am very excited. God is so full of grace! At first, I was afraid that I wouldn't get far because I had an average GMAT and all right, undergrad GPA. Then I thought, that was the old Saki. This is saved, sanctified, fully aware of who she is, God fearing, persistent, demon chasing Saki. The interviewer called me back the next day and told me that they were excited to have me join the program. She said that she was very impressed with my experience and motivation. Now, I don't know if this was standard procedure for them to call you back enthusiastically (I thought I would get a letter in the mail), but I was like, "Go Jesus." I'm not just talking about the merciful savior, lamb of God. I'm talking about the lion!!! How dare I limit God's plan to such silly thoughts. I started casting down every thought that was against God's word and started professing his truths.
 
If you are struggling with something that you are making a decision about here are a few tips that helped me:
 
1.  Pray consistently "without ceasing"--in your head at work, in the car, in the bathroom, whenever you feel led, have a conversation with God. He loves for us to "diligently seek him". This doesn't have to be over spiritualized, but it really helps you affirm the promises of God. You might feel weird, so don't tell everyone what you're doing b/c they will call you weird. It's between you and him. Things I asked for--wisdom, patience, increase in my faith in Him.
 
2.  Be prepared to change something about yourself. Usually when you are asking God for something specific, you discover things about you. What kind of person am I? How will I act if I receive this "thing"? What are my motives? Why do I want it? This can be liberating, but it will also reveal many ugly parts. But as the Holy Sprit reveals these impurities, be thankful that God loves you enough to show you what to fix about you. Start working on them immediately (it's warfare--the enemy doesn't want you to grow better, but sometimes get further with the same issues) As you begin to seek God about deliverance from whatever it is, you are proving maturity and the ability to get more "food" and not "milk" from Him. Remember in 1 John 5, we are told, "that whatever we ask will be given because we keep His commands and desire to do what is pleasing to him." How can you do what is pleasing if you don't know what is unpleasing?
 
3.  Praise God in advance, not with just lipservice, but in your actions. I've heard this so many times. I thought it meant jumping up in down in church or shouting AMEN and hallelujah at the end of my prayers. Yes, praise God in your prayer life and at church. Yes, it can look like this, but what it means is summed up with not being double-minded. Don't be going around complaining, or professing doubt about the very thing you're believing God for. Show him that you expect his blessings. Act like you have it, even though you don't yet. When you feel that burning desire rising up, or joy that you can't explain, or find yourself laughing at something when nothing is funny. I've learned that my spirit is aware of something that my mind doesn't know yet. It is an immovable peace that only comes from above. Praise God out of that. Many people can't praise God this way because they are too independent on self. But if you're like me and need a whole lot of help all of the time from God, this word is for you.
 
4.  Be prepared to receive a word from God. Sometimes this means removing yourself from the familiar--television, friends, significant other, telephone, etc. Hard to do, but it works. If you haven't gone through isolation yet, it might be around the corner. At some point in our spiritual walk with Christ, we will be led away from the familiar. He was, so why wouldn't you? (This is hard, especially if you are a people person, which I am not so it was a little easier for me.) You start feeling inadequate, weird and outlawed. Don't worry, it's not you. It's God. Be clear about one thing. It is one thing for God to isolate you and another for you to isolate yourself. It will only last for as long as it takes for you to "get the message". Think of all the great stories in the Bible, Christ, John, Abraham, Joseph, Jonah, Job, etc. In isolation, I've learned to hear God's voice vs. Saki's voice of reason. The word you receive during this time will be the bomb because you got it with little confusion or distractions. Proverbs 3:5
 
5.  Don't go by "sight" but by "spirit". We are in the matrix ladies. What we see is not the full story. God sees us totally differently then how we see us. He knew us from the beginning and he knows us even after we leave this earth (if you know Jesus). Don't limit your view of you to the way the world sees/labels you. Even if you don't know how God sees you, stand firm on the fact that it isn't based on the world's view. One minute people yelled "Hosanna" and the next they yelled "Crucify him!" Titles, performance, awards, etc. will jack up your thinking. I'm a witness to it. All good and perfect gifts come from God. He deserves all the Glory!
 
6. Be sure to testify to someone else and not be prideful or shamed of your blessing. God loves for us to brag on Him. This is awkward, because we aren't usually taught to do things like this. People might think we're cocky or arrogant. Yes, they will if your bragging sounds includes excessive use of the word, "I, me, my or mine". Yes, share what you did in your faithfulness. Our experiences and actions help others to grow spiritually. But remember, Jesus said to "let your light shine before all men, so that they might glorify Saki Lynette Milton???" No, "your Father in heaven!" It's time for the true believers to come out of the closet. When our coworkers ask, "There's something different about you." or "How do you do it?", use those opportunities to minister without shoving religion down someone's throat. In gentleness, you can share the Gospel so people won't be offended. I started doing this with one of my coworkers, and now she tells me stuff like, "God works in mysterious ways." People who don't even believe will be happy for you, and this opens opportunities to build trust and someday share with them the Good News.
 
10. Seek godly counsel. (Psalm 1) I can't say enough about this. Don't be asking random folks at your job about what you should do. More than likely, they'll give you worldly counsel. They just don't know any better. Also, don't be asking people you know who don't pray and don't have a relationship with God to pray for you. God hears the cries of the righteous. I'm not trying to be funny, but this is true. Ask the right people to support you. Yeah, I ask folks at my job for their opinion about something's. But always evaluate input from everybody back to the word. When I asked for prayer for my nephew, I intentionally asked people who I knew would pray. And y'all know the rest of the story about how God turned that whole situation around. He's now has a job building computers and plans to attend the University of Houston after graduation and study business. Go Woodie!!! Your prayers for other people work. :-)
 
I'm through. I just had to e-testify for a second.
 
Bye!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is great. I laughed, i cried, i remembered my testimonies, thanks alot

keep up the good work and you are right about psalms 1. The second biggest insult to God's perfection is when we listen to counsel that contradicts what he has given us-even if it is yet to come. The below verse says to wait. I adopted this verse because there is so much that my spirit sees that my eyes are still blind to, because it is yet to be manifested. I guess it is not in due season YET. The first biggest mistake is when we compare ourselves to others. It's like telling the all perfect God that he broke his all time record of perfection when he made us.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b]I then thought that the dinosaurs became extinct long ago, but probably wrong ...
Chinese convinced me that the dinosaurs are still alive, I have a look at the photo - [url=http://tram.free.bg/Post-47.htm]FOTO[/url][/b]

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home