Google

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

First day of school


Okay,

I was not the only one over-reacting. These parents had video cameras, digital cameras...some people had the whole family there. I didn't realize how special this moment was for the parent. This is monumental! The kids all had the same look on their faces ("mom..PLEASE!!"). My niece even tried to get a little attitude with me when we got closer to her room, as if I wasn't so cool anymore. She got a little frustrated because I kept taking pictures of her. I HAD TO TAKE HER MOMMA SOMETHING!!! My sister would kill me if I didn't get pictures of her baby on the first day. I'll add some pictures later today when I figure out how to work this camera.

My nephew basically told me to get lost in so many words. He didn't want me to walk him to his classroom. I guess that's cool since he is in the 4th grade. They all looked so cute. My other nephew was supposed to ride his bike, but his mom changed her mind so I had to take him too. He forgot his schedule and locker code, so I had to get out and go to the office with him. That was fun. He had Competitive Athletics first. I remember those days. All the future athletes sit in the gym to get assigned those ugly uniforms. He's in middle school and will be playing football. He's a tight end, and the boy can hit!

Overall, this was a very positive and emotional experience for me. I woke up and prayed for them and for all the kids going to school. I found myself praying for the entire educational system. I didn't cry, though I wanted too. I just felt different. You know? Like, I wanted to keep watching them to make sure they were okay. I look forward to motherhood, but I can see already that I have some tendencies that I need to check right now. #1) Stay out of the teacher's business. #2) Don't try to run the PTA and booster club. #3) You do not have any coaching experience so be quiet. I hope I'm not bossy; I just like to know what's going on.

Kidd Grown

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Day of School - I am not looking forward to it! My baby is 2 and I cried when I dropped her off for the first time at day care when she was 6 months old. It was a rough day for me. She stayed there for a year and a half, and I cried on her last day at that school! I'm not a big crier, but the emotions involved in the people you choose to care for your child are real. She's in a new school, and I managed to keep it together on her first day there. So I have a hard time looking forward to her first day of "real" school, but I know it's coming. Watching her grow up is fun and scary at the same time! Kidd Grown, you're gonna make a great mama, cuz you have just the right blend of street smarts, book smarts, and a sense of humor! I can't wait to hear your stories about your kids!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I called my nieces yesterday to see how one nieces day went for her first day of pre-k and how the others went in first grade. I talked to the oldest first and got her story and then I talked to the youngest next and realized she just repeated everything the oldest just said. So I know how my oldest niece first day was and if we could only convence my youngest niece that she does not need to copy everything the oldest says or does we will know how her first day of school ever really went.
DrewDogg

11:40 AM  
Blogger mrsgman said...

Saki, girl you see what you have to look forward to! I'm glad you were there to help Tonya out! Good looking out!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Angie said...

Well I don't have any children but I feel what you are saying. I almost wanted to cry when I took Parker (my 10 month old Yorkie) to the vet for x-rays. They just look so small. I miss Tonya's kids. I'm glad they have you there.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home