Google

Thursday, August 18, 2005

The sun is always brighter on the weekend.

Throughout my life, I’ve always noticed that the weekend was different (in nature) from the weekday. Even before I had a job and spent most of my day sitting inside of a cubicle, I could tell that things were just different on Saturday and Sunday.

For example, I know that all of you taken the day off from work at some point. Didn’t it seem kind of normal to you even though you didn’t have to go into the office? Nothing really amazed you. The trees looked the same. So did the grass. You may have noticed a bird or squirrel but nothing out of the norm. Okay, now think about the weekend. When you wake up, doesn’t it seem like the sun is shining brighter? It’s still 7:00 AM like every day when you awake, but for some reason it’s just brighter. Then, there’s that feeling of peace running through your veins and in the air of your home. You can just lie there for hours doing nothing and be absolutely content.

My point is this. Enjoy your weekend, by first bathing in the presence of God. The peace of a still weekend morning reveals the brighter shining of the sun, the clearer chirps of the birds and the louder blowing of the wind. You are witnessing God’s presence throughout the earth.

Your assignment this weekend is to turn on some soft music, and simply stare out the window. What do your eyes see? What picture does your mind paint? What do your ears hear? What does your heart feel in its inner most part? I hope that you will feel God’s amazing presence overwhelm you as you worship him.

As a matter of fact, sleep with your blinds open (if you feel comfortable) and let the sun wake you up instead of your alarm clock. It is a beautiful way to start your day. I started doing this when I lived in Atlanta and my apartment was surrounded by trees. Today, I still look forward to Saturday morning. Not that I get up right away, but I roll over and stare out the window just looking and creation. Last week, I saw the cutest little red bird. He was just chirping away like he was so happy. I would have never noticed that bird during the week because I am too busy being preoccupied with life. It is during this time, I have found closeness with God that I cannot explain. It feels like He is standing right over me breathing and comforting my soul.

He is perfect, excellent and beautiful! Heaven must be beyond description. No wonder John fell to his face and began to worship when he saw Jesus in Revelation. No wonder Moses came down from the mountain with a face glowing of radiance. No wonder David said that his one desire was to “dwell in the house of the Lord forever, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.” These great men caught a glimpse of God’s beauty and splendor and had no choice but to worship Him.

Sometimes we think that worship is limited to the church building or falling on our knees at home. If he desires for us to worship him in spirit and truth, then sometimes we can just gaze at his creation uninterrupted and immediately be transported into his presence.
My friend, I hope this is your one desire today. Out of all the goals we set for ourselves, let this be our greatest: That one day we will see the Lord face to face and worship Him in the presence of the angels. In the meantime, let us make every effort to worship Him in all that we do.

Kidd Grown

3 Comments:

Blogger mrsgman said...

You know what, that is so true what you said. I love Saturdays they are longer and you do feel lazy but yet grateful that you are alive to see it. The birds sing louder because more people are at home instead of being caught up in the rat race. Do you think that's why the Seventh Day Adventist believe that Saturday is the Sabbath? HHHMMMMMM!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for blogs that had Dallas, TX in them and came across yours. I live in Dallas and have a self defense school. I like the posts on your blog, so I've bookmarked it to stop back by periodically. Take care.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home