Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Complaint about America's Next Top Model

Okay, it isn't just me. I've talked to several other people this week about this little lesbian plot that Tyra has going on her show. Obviously, I am opposed to such a lifestyle, but I believe in freedom of choice and speech. However, I don't think we need this on regular television. I expect to see two women making out in the back of a car on a cable network. If I wanted to see that, I would watch the Real World. So many young girls idolize Tyra, and I really have a hard time believing that she could be so irresponsible to not consider this large and impressionable group of her show audience. What if they think that's what they have to do to become a model or to be on her show. I don't know if they're trying to boost ratings or whatever, but I am SO not impressed.

I hope that if you felt uncomfortable in your spirit when watching this, that you would write her show and express your dislike of the choice to air such content. Needless to say, I won't be watching the show until they pull this. I know I'm only one person, but if 1 million people felt this way and decided not to watch, I'll bet her producers would wake up and smell the coffee. I love Tyra to death, but I can't do it. The auto-reply that I got back says that this email address is for photos only. However, if enough people write to it, I'm sure the message will get to her. tyrabanks@studiofanmail.com

Here's my letter. See, I was really nice unlike the other ones I usually send when I am swole.

Hi Tyra,

I greatly admire you for your entrepreneurial efforts and the many positive ventures you have pursued in the past. I am so glad that you are positive role model to young women, in particular to black young ladies. I too am African-American, so I give you mad props my sister. But Tyra, I am very disappointed and disturbed about the lesbian plot currently on your show. I am very surprised to see that you would support such activity by perpetuating it through your show.

I think you should strongly consider pulling the lesbian plot of the two model hopefuls on your show. I don’t think it serves a purpose, and it only takes away from the show in my opinion. I have heard many of my friends say that they are going to quit watching if this is continued. I would hate for your ratings to go down, but I know they will because many Americans share this view.

I expect to see something like this on cable, but not on a regular television where millions of children watch. We do not need to expose young ladies and children who watch and admire you to an alternative lifestyle. Your show should be about the quest for being the next top model, not about a relationship that is occurring between two women in the house. We can watch the Real World for that. Again, it just has no point other than to try to attract a new audience. I’m not sure what your producers are doing, but I don’t agree with it.

I won’t be watching your show (as much as it hurts me to do it because I love it) anymore until this is removed.

Still a fan though,

Saki L. Milton
Dallas, TX

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love corvette car show then you will want to be there! All kinds of corvette car show will be in attendance. For more information go to corvette car show
See Ya There!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger James Baker said...

Hi Blogger!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
Compatibility of Horoscope Signs
It pretty much covers Compatibility of Horoscope Signs related issues.
Best regards!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
love horoscopes free
It covers love horoscopes free related subjects.
Have a great day!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous matt brodie said...

Daily Horoscopes. With your computer keyboard ask the reader your questions and the truth will be revealed online in real time. Daily Horoscopes

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home