Google

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm Just Sayin'.

Hey y'all.

My new saying for the month is "I'm just sayin'." I'm just sayin' can mean a number and wide variety of things. My friend Lady J got me started using it a few weeks back, and I am hooked. I've found it to be very appropriate and fitting for almost any conversation. Just don't use it in a professional setting okay. She's pretty down with the urban lingo, so I thought I'd share it with you so we can all be hip too. Maybe you can contribute to the list because I'm sure I've overlooked some things. You can use this:

--When you are at a loss for words but you don't want to appear to have lost your train of thought. (Play it off cool with a little chuckle.)
--When you don't have anything nice to say about a person or a particular situation. (A good way to cut yourself off before you start complaining.)
--When you're trying to really stress your point, but the other person is not hearing you. (Use it in a higher pitched tone)
--When you're trying to play stupid, like you didn't know something. (start it like this, "Oh,...")
--When you're giving someone advice about what YOU would do in their situation, but you don't want to TELL them what they need to do or what you feel they should do. (in a calm tone, start it like this, "Well,...". Really stress the "well")
--When you're really ticked off with a situation. (sarcastically say, "You know what...(pause)...I'm just sayin'.)

You don't have to use any of these, but I'm just sayin.

Kidd

1 Comments:

Blogger Weird said...

Great posts, I really enjoyed the reads! I'll have to come back and check out the archives. Good luck in school and beware of Fat Greedy. Even the lazy cats can be evil!

I'm just sayin'

(OK, I tried, I promise not to do it again!)

Weird

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home