Google

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm Gonna Knock You Out!

Friend,

The first time I heard T.D. Jakes preach, I was 23 and living in Atlanta. I had just rededicated my life back to Christ, so my faith was pretty lukewarm at the time. Within 2 weeks of that sermon, I was moving to Dallas because of his sermon, “Do What you Do!” I thought, “Surely God created me to do something and that something starts in Dallas, Texas!” For the past five years, I’ve been on a quest to do just that...whatever “that” is.

Along the way, I’ve honestly gone back in forth in my mind on who I am and what exactly is this “mission” supposed to be about. With that, I’ve had many great successes and of course, many great failures in every area of my life trying to accomplish my mission. (I think I have a testimony for every category that could possibly exist.)

Some days, months and seasons, I’m on point. And others...well, I can’t even find a point to begin with. Sometimes I’m “popping my collar” because I know “I’ve got it going on”; yet other days, I feel like the biggest idiot that walked the face of the planet (like today). But in spite of it all, I still know one thing – “The party ain’t over for me!” So, why am I sharing this with you? Because it ain’t over for you either!

It’s 10:45PM, but God placed it in my heart to encourage you, if you have been feeling like me lately (let’s be real, like a big ol’ loser). But, I’m sorry. I’m not a loser, and neither are you. We are both winners, and every great winner knows that it’s okay to fail and/or to make a complete fool of yourself when you’re trying to do yo’ thing. It’s okay to hope, only to have your dreams shattered right before your eyes. It’s okay to go to bed crying to God, “When? When will it work for me?” At least you hoped. At least you tried, right? And at least you KNOW that all things (good and bad) are working together for your good – even though it doesn’t look so good.

(Put your hands in the air.)

“If you believe that you ARE God’s workmanship AND that you are created in the image of Christ Jesus AND that good works have been prepared in advance (and are waiting) for you to do..then make some noise!!!” (Raise the roof.)

Now is not the time to place limitations on yourself or God, my friend. This is the best time to be in the rink-when you’re the underdog, and you’re down for the count - “...Eight! Nine! Te—Ladies and gentlemen, (your name right here) is up!” (The crowd screams!!)

Just remember that you are good enough to be in the fight. No three time world champion enemy can beat the fight that is buried deep within you. It (whatever “it” may be for you) will happen because you’ve got a secret – God’s power is made perfect in your weakness. “So go’n and open up a can of ______. (No time to be professional today people, I’m in a war.) Don’t feel second best, and never settle for second place. You are POWERFUL beyond measure. You are a champion! You wouldn’t be my friend if you weren’t. :-)

I leave you with my second favorite quote of all time. It’s by the great Nelson Mandela.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


Round Three!

Kidd Grown
Col. 3:23

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was so right now! thanks so much for letting God use you to encourage. I've been going through some pretty serious "what the heck are you doing" moments myself. seems like the battle is being won, not by my spirit but by my flesh, especially when i'm constantly questioning myself and wondering why my spirit has not beat that darn flesh up. The flesh is supposed to be weak not the spirit. But, I'm reminded day in and day out that I have to starve the thing that i want to die and feed the thing that i want to live. that said, it's feeding time! thanks sooo very much!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girrrrl,

Thanks for THAT. It truly rejuvenated my soul, flesh and spirit. God IS on the throne!

Thanks for the reminder!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Another Champion said...

Thanks for the encouragement.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Malichai said...

Outstanding Kidd!

Love ya.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Great post! :)

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Tiffani Milton said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home